(5) Chemical preservation
(a) Use of anti-transpiration agents: can reduce the transpiration of cut flowers, and anti-transpiration agents can prevent plant stomata from opening, thereby enhancing the drought resistance of cut flowers. To achieve the purpose of extending life.
(b) Use of cut flower preservatives: Cut flower preservatives are a kind of cut flower preservation methods developed in recent years. They use protective chemical agents to solve the physical obstacles in cut flowers and can be divided into 3 types:
The pretreatment liquid is used for the pretreatment of the preservative solution before the cut flowers are collected and transported. Its main purpose is to promote flowering, sterilization, and reduce ethylene damage during transportation and storage.
Flowering liquid, also known as flowering liquid, can promote the opening of cut flowers harvested during the budding period.
Bottle inserting fluid, also known as the holding liquid, is the fresh-keeping liquid used for cut flowers during the bottle viewing period. The composition and concentration of the formula varies with the type of cut flower, and there are various types.
(c) Preservative composition
Water: Indispensable ingredient in preservatives. Due to the toxic effects of sodium, calcium, magnesium, and fluorine ions on some types of cut flowers, such as sodium ion is harmful to Chinese rose and carnation. Therefore, distilled water or deionized water should be used as much as possible to increase the vase life of cut flowers.
Sugar: The most commonly used is sucrose. Different cut flowers, different preservative sugar concentration is different, the longer the general processing time, the lower the sugar concentration. Therefore, the order of the sugar concentration of different types of preservatives is the pre-distribution solution "flowering solution" bottle intercalation solution. The main role of sugar is to supplement energy, improve the nutritional status of cut flowers, and promote life activities.
Bactericide: In order to reduce the influence of microorganisms on squid, all preservative formulations contain bactericides, such as 8-Hydroxyquinoline (8-HQ), which can kill all kinds of fungi and bacteria, and at the same time, reduce vascular bundles of flower stems. Physiological blockage.
Inorganic salts: Many inorganic salts can increase the osmotic potential of the solution and the bulging pressure of the petal cells, which is beneficial to the water balance of the flowering branches and extend the life of the vase. For example, aluminum salt can promote stomatal closure, reduce transpiration, and facilitate water balance.
Organic acids and their salts: Preservative PH value has a certain impact on cut flowers, low PH value can inhibit the growth of microorganisms, prevent the plugging of vascular bundles of flower stems, and promote flowering water absorption. Organic acids can reduce the pH of the preservation solution, and some of them can also inhibit the production of ethylene.
Ethylene inhibitors and antagonists: such as Ag+, STS, AVG, AOA, ethanol, etc., can inhibit the production of ethylene and interfere with its effects, delay the process of cut flowers aging.
Plant growth regulators: The ageing of cut flowers is controlled by hormone balance. The addition of some plant growth regulators to the preservatives can delay the senescence of cut flowers and improve the quality of cut flowers. Widely used in the preservation of cut flowers is a cytokinin, such as KT (Kinetin), BA (6-benzyl purine), IPA (isoprenyl adenosine) and so on. They can delay the aging of many cut flowers such as carnation, rose, tulip and chrysanthemum.
2. Bottle cut fresh flowers
To extend the viewing time of the cut flowers in the bottle, the time for cutting the flowers should be pre-placed with a pod, and a part of the leaves should be on the squid. In addition to woody flowers to be cut with scissors, for crisp branches of flowers should be gently broken, so as not to crush the stem catheter, affecting the transport of moisture, nutrients. The clippings should be immediately inserted into a bucket filled with clean water.
The simple methods for extending the lifespan of flowering branches are roughly the following:
1) Heat treatment: Divided by scald and burn. The scalding method involves immersing the bases of the branches of herbaceous flowers (such as gladiolus, tuberose, dahlia, etc.) in hot water at 80Â° C. and removing them from the insert bottle for about 2 min to 3 min so that the immersed ends in water are not susceptible to bacterial infection. At the same time, it will not cause the mucus in the flowering branch to block the catheter, thereby prolonging the flowering period. Burning method is to put the end of the branches of woody flowers on the flame and scorch, then cut some scorched parts, soaked in alcohol for about 1min, remove and put it in clean water and then insert it into the bottle.
2) Pruning method: Cut off the sticky squid ends every day or the next day to keep the incisions fresh and fresh and keep the water absorption function clear.
3) End-breaking method: Some woody flowers, such as magnolia, clove, peony, etc., can be crushed by 3-4cm at the end of their flowering branches to enlarge the water-absorbing surface and prolong the life of the flower arrangement.
4) Deep water emergency treatment: When squid is beginning to wilt, you can cut the squid end 3cm ~ 6cm, and then placed in a container full of cold water, only the exposed head on the water, about 1 to 2 hours will be restored.
5) Salting method: Use a little salt (or light salt water) on the kerf incision. Campanulaceae, colorful leafhoppers, lilies, calla lily, etc. can be used this method.
6) Dipping vinegar method: Before arranging flowers, cut the squid incision in vinegar for about 10 seconds. Cosmos, Hydrangea, Rose, Christmas Flower, Silver Willow, etc. can be used for this method.
7) Drug Law: Cutting flowers with the following treatments can extend the flowering period by 10 to 15 days.
8) Dishwashing solution culture method: Mix about 4% solution with detergent and warm water of about 25Â°C, put the collected flower cutting material in it, and cut it again as needed, then quickly insert the same concentration of In the detergent solution, the water depth is maintained at about 4 cm because the main components of detergent are surfactants, trace salts, and flavors. The solution is neutral in pH and has the effect of decontamination sterilization and water quality activation. It can kill bacteria in the water, eliminate pollution, and dissolve the pectin out of the incision material to keep the vascular bundle cells free from turbulence. Water absorption. In the hot season, the flower arrangement solution must be changed once every 2 to 3 days, and the low temperature season should be changed at least once every week to keep the water fresh and keep the freshness of the dishwashing liquid. Most flowers are suitable for this method, it can extend the life of flowering 2-3 times.
---Yunnan Flower Net
enghua Jade Motor Co., Ltd. , http://www.pen-manufacturers.com